"How to Promote Mental Health in Young Children with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities or Other Special Needs"
- Describe the role of mental health in lifelong success
- Identify qualities that lead to mental health
- List ten ways to teach and promote everyday mental health skills every day
- List ten ways to avoid harming mental health
- Describe the development of self-awareness, self-knowledge and self-advocacy
- Create five Positive Affirmations to use to promote mentally healthy thinking
- Practice Quieting the Mind
Intended Audience: Administrators, ECSE and General Educators, Teacher Assistants, Family Members, Family Educators, Psychologists, Social Workers, Speech Language Therapists, and Pathologists, OT/PT’s, and Early Intervention Providers.
Site Phone Number: 815-871-4567 - Contact: Kim Nelson 815-489-7304