"Autism In Our Families and Communities"
For families, friends, and professionals involved in the lives of children and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
No charge to attend. Helpful Handouts will be provided.
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) touches the lives of many families, extended families and friends. This workshop provides practical, ready to use information to enhance the role of every family member, grandparent, friend, neighbor, and professional.
Join Ms. Doyle to learn answers to these questions:
- What is autism spectrum disorder and why do people have it?
- How can I help the child or adult with autism and their family?
- What might I be doing that is NOT helpful?
- How can I communicate more successfully with a child or adult with ASD?
- How can parties and gatherings be more successful when including family members or friends who have autism spectrum disorder?
- What is an inclusive community?
- To register please call the Colonial Country Club Community Center at 239-768-1656.
If you are not a member, please call Ms. Doyle at 708-966-4683 to request an invitation.